TCAD administers the Tourism Capital Grants program for the County, which is capitalized by room occupancy taxes. The program supports capital projects at tourism destinations in Tompkins County.
Since 2003, the program has awarded over $1.3 million and has become increasingly competitive. In addition, TCAD also administers ongoing multi-year tourism awards.
Tourism Capital Grants have been awarded to:
- Community School of Music and Art (2013)
- History Center: Ithaca Motion Picture Project (2013)
- History Center: Aviation Heritage Foundation (2013)
- Museum of the Earth (2013)
- The Sciencenter (2013)
- State Theatre of Ithaca (2013)
- Stewart Park (2013)
- Hangar Theatre (2013)
- Cayuga Nature Center
- Ithaca Skate Park