TCAD is a private not-for-profit organization founded in 1964. For 50 years, TCAD has been dedicated to building a thriving and sustainable economy by fostering the growth of business and employment with innovative initiatives.
TCAD facilitates the creation of high paying jobs for local residents with good benefits and room for advancement.
- TCAD focuses on companies that sell their products or services to companies outside of Tompkins County.
- TCAD directs scarce incentives to businesses that are committed to Tompkins County and are here for sound strategic reasons.
- TCAD will focus on technology commercialization and to create a world class entrepreneurial ecosystem in Tompkins County.
- Our projects help revitalize unique commercial districts and towns.
- Our initiatives provide the infrastructure that allows local businesses to compete in a global economy.
In 2013 TCAD started a campaign named Transform Tompkins to raise money to create quality jobs and accelerate innovation in Tompkins County.
Job Creation and Investment + Greater Emphasis on Technology Commercialization
“Supporting TCAD is an investment in the community – its businesses and families” Greg Hartz, President of the Tompkins Trust Company
The goal of Transform Tompkins is to raise $1.4 million from local and regional employers who most benefit from economic growth. This investment will allow TCAD to:
- Focus resources on technology commercialization and create a world class entrepreneurial ecosystem in Tompkins County.
- Create an even more effective program to stimulate the expansion and retention of existing businesses.
- Take the lead on the creation of economic development strategies and infrastructure development.
- Play a leading role in local, regional and State-wide development activities.